I. INTRODUCTORY PROVISIONS
- The Competition is organized by:
- The association of Lions Club Kraków Stare Miasto entered into Register of Associations of the National Court Register of Associations of the District Court for Kraków-Śródmieście XI Commercial Division, under KRS number 0000101426
- The association of Lions Club Kraków Bona Sforza entered into Register of Associations of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for Kraków-Śródmieście XI Commercial Division, under KRS number 0000217906
- The association of Lions Club Kraków Śródmieście entered into Register of Associations of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for Kraków-Śródmieście XI Commercial Division, under KRS number 0000197291
- The association of Lions Club Kraków Stańczyk entered into Register of Associations of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for Kraków-Śródmieście XI Commercial Division, under KRS number 0000423855
Hereinafter referred to as Organizers.
- Individual Lion Clubs, groups of Lion Clubs affiliated to the Lions Club International or other assisting organizations hereinafter referred to as Applicants, shall file applications on behalf of Contestants, hereinafter referred to as Performers. Also preformers of songs can apply for Competition by themselves.
- The coordination of the Competition shall be conducted by Jordan Group.
The office of the Coordinator is: ul. Gęsia 8, 31-535 Kraków, Poland.
- The aim of the Competition is to select performer – winner of the Lions World Song Festival for the Blind.
II. ENROLMENT FOR THE COMPETITION
- Competition takes place every two years since 2013.
- Applications shall include unpublished songs from a chosen genre of music, created for Performers for the purpose of the Competition, send as attachment to online registration form available on web site www.lionsfestival.org by the 31st of the year in which Competition takes place.
- Application shall include one song which shall be performed by one Performer.
- Registration to competition has to be made ONLY through online registration form available on web site www.lionsfestival.org. All blanks have to be filled and song (mp3 file) and photo of Performer need to be attached.
- The Performer's photo will be used to promote the Performer and the Lions Festival in social media, on the website and in printed materials.
- Performed songs shall be written and composed for the purpose of the Competition and previously unpublished. Songs shall be performed only by Performers suffering from full blindness, moderate blindness or with profound low vision according to the definition of World Health Organization.
- Duration of submitted songs shall not be longer than 5 minutes.
- Submission of the application is understood that, on the basis of a separate power of attorney or other agreement, the applicant warrants and represents that:
- the Performer mentioned in the application is suffering from full blindness, moderate blindness or with profound low vision according to the definition of World Health Organization
- in case of qualifying the Performer for the Festival’s Competition by the Artistic Director the Performer indicated in the application will perform the chosen song during the concert of Competition.
- Performer authorizes Organizers to use the image and artists’ statements – entirely or in selected areas – in order to promote the Competition and Organizers in all media, including television, radio, internet, billboards and through other available forms
- Performers qualified for the competition shall take part in any promotion related to the Competition, in particular: conferences, interviews, photo shoots, radio and television programs in order to promote the Competition and the Festival
- Performer has all rights to songs in terms of its use and publishing as specified in this Rules
- in case of being qualified for the Competition Performers shall enter into a contract with Organizers regarding the artistic performance of the song and provide an unlimited license in time and territory, with the right to sublicense, to use and dispose of performance in terms of its preservation and multiplication on every available media and with any technique, including audio, audio-visual, phonographic, the introduction of remakes and reproductions to the market in the country and abroad, the right to publicly perform, display, cable and wireless transmission (from the ground station via satellite), sharing over a network, telecommunications and in such a way that everyone can have access from any place and time of their choice, including publishing in Internet, especially on the website of Organizers, remission, the use of telecommunication services in the form of sms, wap, audio and visual messages, and in the use of songs and a performance of the phonogram record associated with the Contest, its origin, as well as an audiovisual work and the occasional release of a phonogram / videogram and its use as above
- Performer authorizes Organizers to use the data submitted in the application with regard to the Competition and its promotion
- its action does not affect the rights and property of third parties.
- In case of misstatements in the application the Applicant shall be fully liable for any damages and violations of exclusive rights, being obliged to recover any damages to Organizers and third parties.
- If Organizers determine that the Performer violates the provision of the point 8 of the Rules the Performer shall be deprived of the right to participate in the Contest.
- By submitting the application form Applicant declares that he or she is familiar with the provisions of this Rules, approves those provisions and approves to abide them.
- Organizers are not obliged to reimburse any Applicants or Performers for any costs incurred in connection with the application nor to return submitted materials, including CD with recorded demo.
III. THE ORGANIZATION OF THE COMPETITION
- From submitted applications that fulfil requirements of these Rules the Artistic Director shall select Performers qualified to the Competition taking into account their artistic values and the needs of the Competition’s scenario. The Jury shall select up to 30 Performers by 31st of July of the year in which Competition takes place.
- The Artistic Director selects songs qualifying them to participate in the Competition independently and at his own discretion. Decisions of the Artistic Director are binding, final and not subject to appeal and do not require further justifications.
- Organizer shall inform applicants of qualifying them to participate in the Competition through electronic means of communication. The list of qualified Performers shall be announced on the website ans in social media.
- Performers selected for the Competition shall perform selected songs during the concert according to approved concert’s scenario. Organizers are entitled to replace qualified Performer if the Performer is not able to participate in the concert from any reason beyond Organizers` responsibility. Decisions in that regard are made independently by the Organizer.
- Performers qualified by the Artistic Director shall perform songs during the concert, singing to the accompaniment of the orchestra. Organizers reserve the right to provide styling for the Performer.
- The winner of the Competition shall be selected by the Jury.
- The Jury shall announce the verdict.
- The Winner of the Competition shall give a performance as a special guest on the next edition of the Festival.
- Awards consists of:
- 1st Place Award
- 2nd Place Award
- 3rd Place Award
- Audience Award
- Press Prize
- Any pecuniary award will be subject to an appropriate tax that will be deducted according to the applicable laws.
V. FINAL PROVISIONS
- The Rules of the Competition shall be made available in the Coordinator’s office (ul. Gęsia 8, 31-535 Kraków) and on the website: www.lionsfestival.jordan.pl
- Organizers reserve the right to amend the Rules during the Competition and is obliged to publish immediately the amended Rules in the places specified in the point 1. Organizer reserve the right to cancel the Competition.
- Disputes related to and arising out of the Competition shall be resolved by Organizers. All decisions of the Organiser are binding, final and not subject to appeal.
- The applicant may submit complaints regarding the Competition to the Coordinator’s address within 7 days from the date of Competition’s completion. Organizers shall consider the complaint within 7 days from the date of receipt.
- Complainant shall be notified in writing about the decision made by the Organiser with regard to the complaint. Organizers` decision is binding, final and not subject to appeal.
- Competition is not a game or lottery within the meaning of the Act on Gambling of 19 November 2009 (Dz. U. Nr 201, poz. 1540 with further amendments).
- The Organiser shall not be liable for any distortions in the operation of IT systems used during the conduct of the Competition. These distortions cannot be the basis of any claims from participants in the Competition.
- In cases of matters not governed by these Rules the Polish Civil Code is applicable.